Pa suicide by cop: 'Gonna go a lil crazy'
In a suicide note, a man indicated he is 'taking the easy way out'
By Beth Anne Heesen
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. — The death of a 27-year-old man police fatally shot in St. Thomas Township on June 23 could be described as "suicide by cop," according to a press release Franklin County District Attorney Matthew Fogal issued Tuesday.
Fogal said police found a four-page suicide note and handwritten "Last Will & Testiment (sic)" in the pickup truck where troopers initially found Adam Schillinger of Saugerties, N.Y.
In the suicide note, Schillinger indicated that he is "taking the easy way out, but I'm gonna go out with a bang. I'm not just gonna kill myself, I'm gonna go a lil crazy before I do it."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa suicide by cop: 'Gonna go a lil crazy'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy