Ohio man's death considered 'suicide-by-cop'
After a day fueled by drinking and filled with violence, suspect told girlfriend he wouldn't go down easy
The Columbus Dispatch
MARION, Ohio — Long before deputy sheriffs shot and killed 40-year-old Byron Holveck late Sunday, his life had spun out of control.
And so, after a day fueled by drinking and filled with violence, Holveck told his girlfriend even as she called 911 for help that he wasn't going to go down easily.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio man's death considered 'suicide-by-cop'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy