Ohio man's death considered 'suicide-by-cop'
After a day fueled by drinking and filled with violence, suspect told girlfriend he wouldn't go down easy
The Columbus Dispatch
MARION, Ohio — Long before deputy sheriffs shot and killed 40-year-old Byron Holveck late Sunday, his life had spun out of control.
And so, after a day fueled by drinking and filled with violence, Holveck told his girlfriend even as she called 911 for help that he wasn't going to go down easily.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio man's death considered 'suicide-by-cop'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police