Victim dead, Conn. officer seriously wounded in 11-hour standoff
Suspect died of self-inflicted gunshot, officer was shot in neck, shoulder and leg
NORWICH, Conn. — The 30-year-old man who shot a city police officer Monday night died of a self-inflicted gunshot, according to state police.
Police sources say that Jason Razzino had at least three weapons - a Mini-14 rifle and two handguns. He began firing at the police when they arrived, state police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend