Victim dead, Conn. officer seriously wounded in 11-hour standoff
Suspect died of self-inflicted gunshot, officer was shot in neck, shoulder and leg
NORWICH, Conn. — The 30-year-old man who shot a city police officer Monday night died of a self-inflicted gunshot, according to state police.
Police sources say that Jason Razzino had at least three weapons - a Mini-14 rifle and two handguns. He began firing at the police when they arrived, state police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash