Fla. man killed by police after dousing self in gasoline, wielding scissors
The suicidal man came at officers and refused to back off, forcing the officers to fire
By Brittany Alana Davis
Tampa Bay Times
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The St. Petersburg resident was shot after threatening them with scissors, police say.
Police shot and killed a man Sunday evening they say was suicidal and threatening two officers with a pair of scissors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy