Fla. man killed by police after dousing self in gasoline, wielding scissors
The suicidal man came at officers and refused to back off, forcing the officers to fire
By Brittany Alana Davis
Tampa Bay Times
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The St. Petersburg resident was shot after threatening them with scissors, police say.
Police shot and killed a man Sunday evening they say was suicidal and threatening two officers with a pair of scissors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court