Conn. woman killed, suspect arrested after siege
Danbury, Conn.- Danbury police say a 64-year-old woman has been stabbed to death in her home and the suspect has been captured after police stormed the home.
Police say Fe Cruz has been stabbed several times yesterday afternoon in her home on Broad Street. The body was discovered by the woman's daughter, who ran from the home and police were called.
Police were told an armed suspect was inside the home. Police used stun grenades to get inside the house and pulled the woman's body from it.
Fifty-one-year-old Joselito Estrada then walked out of the home and was arrested.
Estrada, who told police that he's homeless, is being held on a murder charge on $1 million bond.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms