Video: NY cops subdue suicidal armed robber after gun jams
As police approached, the man held the gun to his head before pointing it at officers
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK — Cell phone video captured the tense final moments of a foot pursuit of two robbers in New York Sunday.
The New York post reports police engaged in a foot pursuit after two suspects robbed a 33-year-old man of $1,000 in cash.
While police arrested one of the men, the other emerged from underneath a vehicle and aimed his weapon at police. One of the officers fired, but missed, and police began to pursue the suspect.
Police found the suspect in an alley with severe injuries to his leg. The man had leapt into the alley from a wall above.
As police approached, the man held the gun to his head before pointing it at officers.
Police did not open fire after seeing that the gunman’s weapon was jammed. He was subdued and transported to a hospital for his leg injuries.
The names of the suspects have not been released. Charges are pending.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms