Four die in crash during Mo. police chase
LAWSON, MO- Four people were killed yesterday afternoon when a car being chased by police collided with a pickup truck along Highway 69 at Route MM outside Lawson, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said yesterday.
The victims were identified as William Skidmore, 23, and Jay Wilson, 25, both of Excelsior Springs; Clark Nelson, 26, of Hamilton; and Kathryn Morris, 32, of Cameron.
The three men were pronounced dead at the scene, and Morris died about an hour after the crash at Excelsior Springs Medical Center.
The patrol said that about 1 p.m., a 1992 Pontiac driven by Skidmore was eastbound on Route MM attempting to evade a Kearney police officer when it went through a stop sign and slammed into the left side of a northbound 2001 Ford pickup driven by Nelson at Highway 69.
Wilson was a passenger in the vehicle driven by Skidmore, and Morris was a passenger in the truck.
Kearney Assistant Police Chief Barney Hatfield said he followed the car after responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Kearney home.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house