CHP chase ends in fatal gun battle
Erika Hayasaki, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
California Highway Patrol officers shot and killed a man in front of the Commerce Casino on Sunday morning after a 45-minute car chase and gun battle that crossed two counties.
At 1:43 a.m., officers tried to stop a speeding car on the Riverside Freeway near Weir Canyon Road in Orange County, said CHP Sgt. Mark Garrett. Instead of stopping, the 2005 Toyota hatchback accelerated to 110 mph, and officers gave chase, Garrett said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: CHP chase ends in fatal gun battle
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help