N.C. deputy crashes cruiser during chase
Matt Dees, Staff Writer
The News & Observer
Copyright 2006 The News and Observer
DURHAM- A sheriff's deputy who flipped his cruiser into a ditch Wednesday while chasing a breaking-and-entering suspect was following department chase procedure, officials say.
Jason Brooks, 25, a Durham deputy for two years, was pursuing a primer-gray Chevrolet Monte Carlo south on Midland Terrace about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. The driver of the Monte Carlo was suspected of breaking and entering on nearby Thompson Road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. deputy crashes cruiser during chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help