Man shot by police after driving on Calif. airport tarmac
The Associated Press
PALM SPRINGS, California- A man drove his truck across two active runways at the Palm Springs International Airport, broke a lock on a plane door and tried to run over an officer before he was arrested.
The suspect, identified as Michael Broderick, was taken to Desert Regional Medical Center, where he was in critical condition with several gunshot wounds Sunday night, Booth said.
Broderick was booked for investigation of attempting to kill an officer. The man underwent drug tests, but the results would not be available for several weeks, Booth said.
Officers tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with Broderick, who kept asking that they kill him, Booth said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform