S.C. police chase murder suspect through school
COLUMBIA, S.C.- A murder suspect ran through an elementary school Monday as he fled police trying to arrest him, and schools in the area were locked down while officers tried to find him.
Police didn't know if the man was armed but he was considered dangerous, Cowan said.
Officers had gone to a nearby house with arrest warrants for two men wanted in a killing during an apparent robbery at a motel last week.
They arrested Larry Kenneth, 47, but the second man, Eugene Frost, 34, saw officers when he arrived at the house and fled on foot, police said.
Watkins-Nance and three other schools in the area were locked down, with no one allowed to leave or enter, while police searched for Frost.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house