Baltimore suspect in drug arrest hits officer with car
By Annie Linskey
The Baltimore Sun
A Baltimore police officer was injured when he was struck as one of three men being arrested on drug charges sped away from a traffic stop yesterday afternoon on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in West Baltimore, police said.
Officers chased the car, a Ford Crown Victoria, south on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Russell and Hamburg streets, near M&T Bank Stadium, where an officer said he saw a man reach for what he thought was a weapon. Sgt. Melvin Russell said the officer fired one shot at the car, striking the hood, but did not hit anyone inside.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help