Colo. officer kills driver of pursued pickup
By Jennifer Brown, Staff Writer
Copyright 2007 Denver Post
Denver, Colo. -- The driver of a getaway pickup that got stuck in snow on an unplowed dead-end street was shot and killed by a Lakewood police officer Saturday after another officer slipped under the truck, police said.
With one officer lying in the snow, the second officer fired one shot at the driver, who was spinning the tires and rocking the vehicle forward and backward to try to get it moving.
The driver and a passenger, whose names were not released, were allegedly trying to steal a trailer when someone near the 1200 block of South Ammons Street called police, said Steve Davis, a Lakewood Police Department public information officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Colo. officer kills driver of pursued pickup
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help