P-1 Poll Results: Pursuits
By PoliceOne Editor Rachel Fretz
Departments like the LAPD and the Pittsburgh PD have set major restrictions on pursuit policies in an effort to cut down on deaths (both LE and civilian) and maintain accountablity to citizen watchdog groups.
An increasing number of officers are told to radio for back-up instead of taking off after the bad guy alone. Many feel that such restrictions make basic police work prohibitively difficult.
PoliceOne members weighed in on this topic by responding to our latest poll:
Does your agency allow vehicular pursuits?
Read what P-1 Columnist Travis Yates has to say about ...
tactical intervention as a way of ending vehicle pursuits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy