2 die during Calif. police pursuit of stolen car
Copyright 2005 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
Two men were killed in a fiery head-on crash early Sunday as the driver of a stolen vehicle tried to evade police by heading into oncoming freeway traffic, according to a California Highway Patrol spokesman.
An off-duty San Francisco police sergeant began following a 1997 Volkswagen Jetta at about 5:45 a.m. because it was swerving and driving erratically on Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco, said CHP officer Shawn Chase.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2 die during Calif. police pursuit of stolen car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court