N.C. officer struck by vehicle, injured during foot chase
From Staff Reports
News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.)
Raleigh officer Steven John Salina, 24, was chasing a criminal suspect when he was hit on westbound I-40 near Hammond Road at about 2:39 p.m., according to a police spokesman. It’s not clear whether the suspect was eventually caught.
Salina, who joined the Raleigh Police Department in August 2003, was taken to WakeMed, where he was listed in serious condition.
The foot chase apparently began on Hammond Road. Salina’s car was parked near a blue Chevy Geo near the eastbound entrance ramp. Detectives poured over the cars and combed the nearby woods this afternoon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help