Suspect in Md. police chase stays within speed limit
By Debbi Wilgoren and Candace Rondeaux, Staff Writers
The Washington Post
The chase lasted an hour and 10 minutes and ended in Prince George's with the fleeing car hitting two Maryland State Police vehicles, a pickup truck and a light pole before traveling onto a sidewalk and coming to a stop.
The hood of the car was crumpled and had been pushed open, obscuring the windshield. The car was belching steam from the radiator and sparks from the undercarriage.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help