Trooper killed during East Texas pursuit
Dallas Morning News
From Staff Reports
Read Trooper Holmes' Officer Down
A state trooper has died after his vehicle collided with a truck during a pursuit just north of Marshall.
Todd Holmes Trooper Todd Dylan Holmes, 29, died about 10 p.m. Wednesday as he attempted to cross U.S. Highway 59, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Thursday.
Trooper Holmes had been parked on the highway’s northbound shoulder about a mile north of FM 1793 when he attempted to pursue a vehicle heading south. He turned on his emergency lights and attempted to cross the highway when his vehicle collided with an 18-wheeler heading north.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Trooper killed during East Texas pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds