Tex. high-speed chase ends with dead driver
Man's companion tells police he shot himself in the head
By Aprill Brandon
Victoria Advocate, Texas
Victoria Police Department Lt. Robert Noble said the pair, from the Temple area, were under surveillance at a hotel in Victoria stemming from the recovery of items from a local pawn shop that had been stolen in two daylight burglaries Monday in the Tanglewood subdivision.
At about noon, the 29-year-old man and the woman started putting things, including a rifle, into a vehicle. When officers tried to stop them at Rio Grande and Laurent streets, the driver, who was wanted on felony warrants, refused to stop, heading north on U.S. Highway 59 at speeds up to 95 mph.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tex. high-speed chase ends with dead driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house