Utah man fleeing police shoots self in head
By Michael N. Westley
The Salt Lake Tribune
VERNAL, Utah — A high-speed police chase Sunday in Uintah County ended when one of the fleeing suspects shot at police and then took his own life.
The pursuit began around 11 a.m. when a Utah Highway Patrol trooper tried to stop two men in a newer model Suzuki car for speeding about six miles west of Vernal on U.S. Highway 40.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah man fleeing police shoots self in head
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests