Mo. sheriff says pursuit may have saved lives
Protocol was followed in the incident
By Ahmad Safi
St. Joseph News-Press, Mo.
ST. JOSEPH, Mo.— Deputies acted within the full parameters of policy during a high-speed pursuit earlier this month that ended in the death of an allegedly suicidal man, Buchanan County Sheriff Mike Strong says.
Several 911 calls described the Ford Escort weaving in and out of traffic and attempting to hit vehicles head-on. Deputy Jeremy Keener was flagged down by a motorist and initiated the pursuit, which lasted about eight minutes on U.S. Highway 59 and ended with the death of the driver, Anthony McCullough, 30.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. sheriff says pursuit may have saved lives
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds