Md. officer struck by police car while pursuing suspect on foot
By Nicole Fuller and Richard Irwin
The Baltimore Sun
ASPEN HILL, Md. — A Montgomery County police officer was critically injured yesterday when he was struck by another officer's cruiser while pursuing a suspect on foot, authorities said.
Officer Luke Hoffman, 24, was pursuing a suspected drunken driver, when the man bailed out of his car and ran, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms