Md. officer struck by police car while pursuing suspect on foot
By Nicole Fuller and Richard Irwin
The Baltimore Sun
ASPEN HILL, Md. — A Montgomery County police officer was critically injured yesterday when he was struck by another officer's cruiser while pursuing a suspect on foot, authorities said.
Officer Luke Hoffman, 24, was pursuing a suspected drunken driver, when the man bailed out of his car and ran, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman