Maryland officer dies of injuries sustained during pursuit
"One of our best and brightest"
By Ernesto Londono and Debbi Wilgoren
The Washington Post
Officer Down: Luke T. Hoffman
Watch the report
WHEATON, MD — A decorated young police officer who was hit by another officer's cruiser in Aspen Hill yesterday died early this morning of his injuries, Montgomery County police said.
Officer Luke T. Hoffman, 24, was pronounced dead at 1:30 a.m., police said. He joined the department 15 months ago, and was the top graduate from his police academy class last July. A news release from the police department announced Hoffman's death "with profound regret."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court