Maryland officer dies of injuries sustained during pursuit
"One of our best and brightest"
By Ernesto Londono and Debbi Wilgoren
The Washington Post
Officer Down: Luke T. Hoffman
Watch the report
WHEATON, MD — A decorated young police officer who was hit by another officer's cruiser in Aspen Hill yesterday died early this morning of his injuries, Montgomery County police said.
Officer Luke T. Hoffman, 24, was pronounced dead at 1:30 a.m., police said. He joined the department 15 months ago, and was the top graduate from his police academy class last July. A news release from the police department announced Hoffman's death "with profound regret."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests