Parolee leads 4 Calif. officers on foot pursuit before arrest
By Doane Yawger
The Merced Sun-Star
MERCED, Calif. — Cuma Hill, 26, of Merced, who has been sought by Merced police and probation officers for several months, was arrested Tuesday night on probation violations in the 1900 block of Shadowbrook Drive, according to Sgt. Curt Gorman of the Merced Police Department.
Gorman, supervisor of the department's Gang Violence Suppression Unit, said Hill was captured about 8:30 p.m. after a short foot pursuit with four officers.
Hill, who remained in Merced County Jail on Wednesday night without bail, was wanted on three felony warrants for probation violations and a resisting arrest charge was added, according to Gorman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter