N.C. officer hurt in fall off roof while confronting suspect
A Huntersville police officer was injured early this morning after falling off the roof of a building during an incident with a man who was threatening himself and others.
The incident took place shortly after midnight on Gilead Road, when police received reports that a man had climbed atop a building, armed with knives, and was threatening himself. Two police officers climbed onto the roof, in an effort to disarm the suspect.
When the officers got on the roof, they say the suspect swung at them with a knife. In an effort to avoid being struck, one officer slipped and fell off the roof, about 10 feet to the ground.
The suspect later was taken into custody.
Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman