N.C. officer hurt in fall off roof while confronting suspect
A Huntersville police officer was injured early this morning after falling off the roof of a building during an incident with a man who was threatening himself and others.
The incident took place shortly after midnight on Gilead Road, when police received reports that a man had climbed atop a building, armed with knives, and was threatening himself. Two police officers climbed onto the roof, in an effort to disarm the suspect.
When the officers got on the roof, they say the suspect swung at them with a knife. In an effort to avoid being struck, one officer slipped and fell off the roof, about 10 feet to the ground.
The suspect later was taken into custody.
Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert