Police may have fired 50 times at assailant in bulletproof vest
By STEVE MURPHY
BLADE STAFF WRITER
FINDLAY — A Detroit-area man who was killed Saturday in a shootout with police outside a Bluffton-area carryout was heavily armed and wearing a bulletproof vest when he opened fire on the officers, authorities said yesterday.
Hancock County Sheriff Michael Heldman said authorities identified Donti Jamal Henry, 29, from fingerprint records.
Dr. Leroy Schroeder, county coroner, said two bullets hit Henry, one in the jaw and the other a fatal shot in the neck...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help