High-speed chase follows alleged California shoe theft
The Associated Press
SAN DIEGO- Two women stole several pairs of handmade Italian shoes from a boutique and led police on a high-speed chase in which they tossed the spiky-heeled footwear at pursuing officers, authorities said.
The two suspects fled after police arrived, reaching speeds of up to 100 mph (160 kph) on interstate highways and sideswiping several cars, according to the California Highway Patrol. Officers stopped them in a San Diego suburb by ramming their car.
The women, ages 31 and 35, were arrested for investigation of theft and evading arrest, police said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman