2 Ohio officers injured when suspect uses "vehicle as a weapon"
High-speed chase ends with gunfire; suspect killed by police
BY William A. Weathers
BLUE ASH, Ohio — A man was shot and killed by Blue Ash police officers early Tuesday morning when police say he attempted to run over officers after a traffic pursuit that ended at Cooper Road and Reed Hartman Highway.
The man was identified as Charles Wayne Bennett, 37, whose last known address was in the 11100 block of Centennial Avenue in Blue Ash. Records indicate he had an extensive criminal history.
Blue Ash Capt. James Schaffer said officers had no choice but to fire at the man.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house