Deputy hits oncoming car in Fla. chase
Copyright 2006 Sarasota Herald-Tribune Co.
A chase that started in Manatee County ended in north Sarasota minutes later when a deputy's cruiser slammed into an oncoming car on U.S. 301.
Authorities said no one was hurt. Another deputy in the chase continued following the vehicle, which was abandoned in the Newtown neighborhood. One person was arrested on drug charges.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Deputy hits oncoming car in Fla. chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic