Deputy hits oncoming car in Fla. chase
Copyright 2006 Sarasota Herald-Tribune Co.
A chase that started in Manatee County ended in north Sarasota minutes later when a deputy's cruiser slammed into an oncoming car on U.S. 301.
Authorities said no one was hurt. Another deputy in the chase continued following the vehicle, which was abandoned in the Newtown neighborhood. One person was arrested on drug charges.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Deputy hits oncoming car in Fla. chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court