Md. rookie hits SUV during pursuit U-turn
ANDREA F. SIEGEL, SUN REPORTER
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
A Maryland State Police cruiser attempting a U-turn on Interstate 97 was struck by a Land Rover Discovery shortly after 8:30 a.m. yesterday, snarling morning rush-hour traffic on the highway and other roads in the Glen Burnie area.
Trooper Quinn Dobbins, 24, was taken by helicopter to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. He was treated for cuts and bruises and released, said state police Sgt. Russell Newell. The driver of the Land Rover, Dawn Robinson, 44, of Glen Burnie was taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center. She was treated and released, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. rookie hits SUV during pursuit U-turn
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house