Md. man commits suicide after chase, police say
The Baltimore Sun
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
A man believed to be a 25-year-old Baltimore-area resident committed suicide yesterday after state police and Charles County sheriff's deputies cornered him in Upper Marlboro following a bank robbery in Waldorf, authorities said.
Kristen Timko, a spokeswoman for the Charles County sheriff, said three men entered a Wachovia bank about 9:30 a.m. armed with a handgun and shotgun. Two jumped the counter and stole an undetermined amount of cash, while the third ordered the 14 customers and staff to get on the floor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. man commits suicide after chase, police say
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help