Md. man commits suicide after chase, police say
The Baltimore Sun
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
A man believed to be a 25-year-old Baltimore-area resident committed suicide yesterday after state police and Charles County sheriff's deputies cornered him in Upper Marlboro following a bank robbery in Waldorf, authorities said.
Kristen Timko, a spokeswoman for the Charles County sheriff, said three men entered a Wachovia bank about 9:30 a.m. armed with a handgun and shotgun. Two jumped the counter and stole an undetermined amount of cash, while the third ordered the 14 customers and staff to get on the floor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. man commits suicide after chase, police say
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds