N.Y. motorist leads police on 100-mph-plus pursuit, attacks them
By Christine Armario, Staff writer; Staff writers Michael Frazier and Wil Cruz contributed to this story.
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
She just kept speeding. And then it got violent.
That's what police say happened yesterday afternoon when a Nassau police officer tried to pull Linda Harley over for speeding. Instead of stopping, she decided to go faster - leading police on a 100-mph-plus chase on the Long Island Expressway through Nassau and Suffolk counties that ended only when they placed spikes on the road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests