Calif. deputy hit by teen driver in chase
Henry K. Lee
Chronicle Staff Writer
PETALUMA, Calif. — A teenager driving under the influence struck and injured a Sonoma County sheriff's deputy in Petaluma early today at the end of a two-mile chase, authorities said.
Deputy Brett Fairbanks was trying to stop a 16-year-old Petaluma boy by putting spikes on a Petaluma road at about 12:20 a.m. as the youth was being pursued by another deputy, the Sheriff's Department said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. deputy hit by teen driver in chase
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms