Minn. officer dies in pursuit crash
By Maricella Miranda
The St. Paul Pioneer Press
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A long week for police officers ended Friday when a Minneapolis Park Police officer died of injuries suffered when a squad car hit him during a short pursuit in a neighborhood alley more than a week ago.
The Parks Department believes Mark Bedard, 34, was the first Minneapolis park police officer to die in the line of duty since the agency's inception in 1883, said park police officer Ron Reier.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer dies in pursuit crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman