Cincinnati officer critically injured in crash during pursuit
By Cindy Kranz
The Cincinnati Enquirer
CINCINNATI — A Cincinnati Police officer remains in critical condition this afternoon after he was injured trying to help stop a vehicle pursued by sheriff's deputies on Interstate 75.
Sgt. Bryce Bezdek, 30, who was air-lifted to University Hospital after the accident, suffered head and chest injuries, said Lt. Mark Briede, spokesman for the Cincinnati Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court