Former NFL player leads Okla. police on chase
TULSA, Okla. — Former Dallas Cowboy Alonzo Spellman has been arrested today in Tulsa, Oklahoma, after a brief car chase.
Police spokesman Leland Ashley says the chase began after a disturbance at a convenience store.
Spellman was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on complaints of eluding, assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, resisting arrest and driving without a license.
His bond is $10,700.
Spellman was a first-round draft choice out of Ohio State by the Chicago Bears in 1992. He also played for Detroit and Dallas during a 9-year NFL career.
Records show Spellman has a history of treatment for mental illness.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help