Former NFL player leads Okla. police on chase
TULSA, Okla. — Former Dallas Cowboy Alonzo Spellman has been arrested today in Tulsa, Oklahoma, after a brief car chase.
Police spokesman Leland Ashley says the chase began after a disturbance at a convenience store.
Spellman was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on complaints of eluding, assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, resisting arrest and driving without a license.
His bond is $10,700.
Spellman was a first-round draft choice out of Ohio State by the Chicago Bears in 1992. He also played for Detroit and Dallas during a 9-year NFL career.
Records show Spellman has a history of treatment for mental illness.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman