Chicago officer's last words led to suspect
Man charged in slaying of Chicago cop
By David Heinzmann and Matthew Walberg
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — As he sat dying in the driver's seat of his SUV, Chicago Police Detective Robert Soto dialed 911 on his cell phone and told police he had been shot.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago officer's last words led to suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court