Calif. pursuit ends in deadly collision
Henry K. Lee and John King
The San Francisco Chronicle
A car carrying four suspects in a Berkeley homicide slammed into a vehicle in North Oakland while fleeing from police Saturday evening, killing two people - one a motorist, the other a pedestrian - in a horrific chain-reaction crash, police said.
The crash happened at 6:41 p.m. at the corner of Aileen Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way in Oakland, six minutes after police received reports of a shooting in West Berkeley that left a young man dead, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. pursuit ends in deadly collision
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests