Va. police officer shot during arrest after pursuit
By Kristin Davis, Lauren King and Matthew Bowers
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — A city police officer was shot Monday afternoon as he and other officers tried to corner a vehicle that ran from police in Norfolk earlier in the day.
All suspects were arrested after an intense search by dozens of officers from several agencies who fanned out across the Deep Creek area. A Portsmouth officer found one suspect hiding under a pile of brush.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help