Texas sheriff's department has wide latitude for pursuits
By Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — All of Dallas County's elected law enforcement agencies appear to have similar police pursuit policies that give officers wide latitude on when they can chase fleeing motorists.
Dallas County constables have been involved in two of three police pursuits that occurred in the span of two days, including Monday's 90-minute chase that ended in a T-bone crash in Garland.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house