Maine police review high-speed chase tactics
By David Hench
Portland Press Herald
SCARBOROUGH, Maine — Scarborough police are reviewing the chase of a motorcyclist that reached speeds of 100 mph through four communities last week to determine whether it complied with the department's policy.
The chase, which police say started as a traffic stop for a faulty headlight, led to the arrest in Portland of 26-year-old Derek Caruso, on charges of criminal speeding, eluding police, driving with a suspended license and refusing to submit to arrest.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine police review high-speed chase tactics
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests