Lawsuit shines spotlight on Philly police foot pursuits
By Troy Graham
PHILADELPHIA — Raymond Pelzer was playing dice on a known West Philadelphia drug corner when two police officers approached him.
Pelzer, 25, handed over his identification but ran off before the officers learned that he was wanted for a probation violation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help