Mo. officer killed in crash while pursuing suspect
David Haynes had only been on the force for one year
Duty Death: Officer David Haynes - [St. Louis, Missouri]
By PoliceOne Staff
ST.LOUIS — According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 27-year-old police officer David Haynes was killed this morning in a four-car crash while pursuing a burglary suspect.
Haynes, who only had one year on the force and was a newlywed, was pursuing a suspect with lights and sirens on when the cruiser was struck from both sides at an intersection.
According to reports, Police Chief Dan Isom said, "It's certainly a tragic day for the police department. We are all sorry for the loss, for his wife and mother. We ask that everyone in St. Louis pray for his family and all of the officers in the St. Louis police department."
There were no other injuries in the accident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house