Former Fla. deputy cleared in pursuit crash
The officer was pursuing a car without lights or sirens activated
LAKELAND, Fla. — A 15-month FDLE investigation has cleared the Polk County Sheriff's Office and a former deputy of responsibility in a fatal 2002 crash.
In a report released Wednesday, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said former Sgt. Scott Lawson was not responsible for the crash that killed a Polk County teenager. Lawson was pursuing the car on a dark and curvy road in his unmarked car, without lights or sirens activated.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Fla. deputy cleared in pursuit crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help