Calif. highway patrol officer killed during chase
It's the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week
REDLANDS, Calif. - Authorities say a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer has been killed during a pursuit.
Redlands police spokesman Carl Baker says two collisions occurred during the chase in San Bernardino County. One at a Redlands intersection around 6:30 a.m. Friday involved a CHP officer.
Baker says several people have been arrested. Detectives were still investigating what prompted the chase and how the crash occurred.
San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers confirmed the officer's death, but the officer's name has not been released.
This is the second CHP motorcycle officer involved in a serious crash this week. On Wednesday, a driver in Los Angeles crashed into a CHP officer and a car he had pulled over. The officer remained in critical condition Friday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert