Aunt of Tampa cop-killer fired from PD
Carolyn Riggins was feeding insider information that thwarted the manhunt
By Robbyn Mitchell
TAMPA, Fla. -- While scores of authorities scoured the city for a man wanted in killing two Tampa officers, the suspect's aunt was feeding insider information to his friends that thwarted the manhunt, an investigation released Tuesday shows.
Less than a week after the Tampa Police Department suspended Carolyn Riggins without pay from her civilian job at the headquarters, the agency fired her Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Aunt of Tampa cop-killer fired from PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend